Photo Submission Guidelines
Photos we will accept.
- Photos must portray the subject alone in uniform. Preferred photos include further references to the military including salutes, hats, badges, etc.
- Photos should clearly portray the veteran and be free of dust.
You may NOT upload any of the following material:
- VA reserves the right to accept and reject photographs of any kind. Photos may be turned away with any of the following:
- Violent acts
- Alcohol or drugs
- Political slogans or propaganda
- Religious references
- Poor image quality
- Any photo with a family member, unless they are in uniform.
- Any obscene or pornographic material.
- Any profane, antagonistic or threatening material.
- Any material that could infringe rights of privacy, publicity or copyrights without the expressed, written consent of the owner of those rights. Professional photographs or images purchased or otherwise obtained from a professional photographer or accessed through websites, magazines, books or other published resources, are protected by copyright laws and should not be uploaded or shared.
- Any materials that could infringe on the rights of the persons who are shown in the submitted material.
- Any material that could result in any civil or criminal liability under applicable law.
See Terms and Conditions for additional information.